Garage door repairs Melbourne
B&D offers professional garage door repairs throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
A professionally installed garage door that’s made from high-quality materials can last a lifetime if it’s properly maintained and cared for. Servicing your door is just as essential as servicing your car. Like the engine, your garage door is made up of countless moving parts designed to lift and lower the door, so regular servicing not only keeps it in safe and functional working order but is essential to ensure its longevity. Ongoing servicing is also required to maintain your 10-Year Total Confidence Warranty (register here).
No matter which garage door or motor you have, you should ensure it’s serviced once in the first 12 months after installation and every two years thereafter.
Common garage door issues
Our Melbourne repairers can fix some of the most common garage door issues, including:
- The garage door is stuck in the open or closed position
- The garage door is not responding to the remote control
- The garage door opener motor is making a strange sound
- The garage door opens but the opener motor won’t stop running
- A roller door is jammed or not moving
- The garage door is squeaking
- The garage door panel is broken
- The garage door track is bent
- The garage door is opening/closing slowly
Why choose B&D for your garage door repairs
Our expert team of Melbourne garage door repair technicians are licenced and professionally trained to ensure quality repair services.
With 65+ years of innovation, quality and care, we design all our products here in Australia, so we know them inside out.
We have a vast network of trusted B&D Accredited dealerships and service technicians across Melbourne, so you can rest assured we’re available to service your local area.
What to expect at a service
Our mobile service units are available throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria to service your garage door and opener. A standard service with our repairer takes approximately 30 minutes and includes:
- Lubrication of the garage door’s moving parts, including the chain drive, tracks, wheels or cable drum. This ensures your door travels smoothly and quietly.
- Tightening of garage door mounting points, as well as door bolts, screws, cables and connectors. This ensures integrity of the garage door and tracks, and prevents failure associated with parts pulling away from fixing points.
- Adjustment of spring tension to limit ‘spring fatigue’ or undue strain on the opener, reducing the likelihood of failure over time.
- Adjustment of opener travel limits and force margin to ensure the door opens and closes to specification, without causing damage to the door or opener.
- Assessment and adjustment of safety components and accessories including safety beams, Auto-Lock and Safe Lock (if installed).
- Assessment of the garage door alignment along with the diagnosis of irregular operation remedies. Any critical issues may require additional repair work and will be quoted separately.
Emergency repair services
In the unlikely event something goes wrong with your garage door or opener, we offer emergency repair services to immediately diagnose the problem and fix or replace affected parts. Contact us on 13 62 63 to arrange a repair service with your nearest Melbourne repairer.
B&D Service – Melbourne Bayside / Mornington Peninsula – Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Mobile Garage Door Service Van Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC 3172
B&D Service – Melbourne Bayside and Surrounds
Mobile Garage Door Service Van Melbourne Bayside and Surrounds VIC 3186
B&D Service – Melbourne Inner East and South East
Mobile Garage Door Service Van Melbourne Inner East and South East VIC 3000
B&D Service – Melbourne Outer East / North East / Yarra Ranges
Mobile Garage Door Service Van Melbourne Outer East/North East/Yarra Ranges VIC 3113
B&D Service – Northern Suburbs and Macedon Ranges
Mobile Garage Door Service Van Northern Suburbs and Macedon Ranges VIC 3429
B&D To You – Western Suburbs / Inner West
Mobile Garage Door Service Van Western Suburbs VIC 3337
Albury Wodonga Garage Doors – Wodonga
Unit 4, 28 Queen Street, Wodonga VIC 3690
Mesh Masonry Supplies Pty Ltd – Sebastopol
105 Hertford Street, Sebastopol VIC 3356
Sale & District Garage Doors – Sale
2 Dawson Street, Sale VIC 3850
Bairnsdale & District Garage Doors – Bairnsdale
7 Collins Street, Bairnsdale VIC 3875
Bass Coast Garages – Wonthaggi
1/303 White Road, Wonthaggi VIC 3995
Bendigo Door Centre – Bendigo
117 Breen Street, Bendigo VIC 3550
Garage Door Warehouse – Echuca
3, 1-5 Murray Valley Highway, Echuca VIC 3564
Oxley Garages – South Geelong
87 Barwon Terrace, South Geelong VIC 3220
STY Metals – Wangaratta
10–12 Gibson Street, Wangaratta VIC 3677
Sunraysia Garage Doors – Mildura
27 Scott Crescent, Mildura VIC 3502